The mission of the West
Bloomfield High School PTO is to enhance the educational and
extracurricular environment at West Bloomfield High School through
volunteer and financial resources; to promote communication between
the school administration, staff, WBHS parents, and students; to
encourage support for other organizations concerned with the
education and welfare of the students at WBHS; and to foster pride
in WBHS throughout the community. (Adopted January 24, 2011) (PTO Bylaws)
2013-2014 Dates &
Come meet other WBHS parents. There are no PTO dues. Everyone is
- September 9, 2013 (6:16 p.m.) - Meet the Administrators and new
staff members. NOTE: This meeting starts at 6:15 p.m. and is
followed by the high school Open House!
- October 21, 2013 - Preparing for College Admissions and the ACT
(great for parents of any age student)
- November 18, 2013 - A look inside unique WBHS student
- January 21, 2014 (Tuesday) - Counselor Insights and Scheduling
your student for next year.
- February 17, 2014 - WBHS Department Spotlight (department to be
- April 21,
2014 - PTO Year in Review, PTO Grants, and
*All PTO Parent Forums
will be held on MONDAY's in 2013-2014, 7:15 pm-8:45 pm in the WBHS
Media Center. Everyone is welcome to attend. There are
no PTO dues.
- Christy Forhan, President, (
- Shelly Rubenfire, Vice President, (
- Lori Gloceri, Treasurer
- Michelle Allread, Recording Secretary, (
- Adrienne Foster, PCN Rep.
- Stacey Welford, PCN Rep., (
- Patty Goldstein, Communications Coordinator,
- Priya Vennapusa, Student Directory Chair,
- Stacy Brickman, Finals Week Survival Kit,
- Lisa Berkey, Hospitality
If you have any questions or would like scrip cards sent to you,
please contact Suzy Lederman.
Financial Support Provided
by the PTO:
(made possible through Student Directory sales and Scrip card
- Gifts to WBHS departments for instructional support
- Gifts to each Class (Freshman, Sophomore, Juinor, Senior)
- Gift to the Senior All-Night Party committee
- Contribution to the WBHS Spectrum newspaper and underwrites the
annual Senior Special Issue.
- Donations to Our Children's Fund
- Donation to the Greater West Bloomfield Community
- The sale of Finals Week Survival Kits
- Use you Hiller's and Busch's scrip cards to support the PTO.
Contact the PTO Treasurer to get your own free scrip cards.
- The 2013-2014 WBHS Student Directory will be available for
cash-and-carry purchase at JUMPSTART.
- Finals Week Survival Kits are available to order. If you
are interested in purchasing a survival kit for your student please
contact Stacy Brickman at
- Student Directory Chair - Priya Vennapusa,
- Cookies in the Courtyard -
- Finals Week Survival Kits - Headed by Stacy Brickman
- Hillers/Busch's Scrip Program - Headed by Suzy Lederman
- Staff Appreciation - Headed by
- Hospitality - Headed
- Laker Pride! - activities to be
- Participates in the community school process
- Family Fun Night
Thank you to all our Project
Thank you for your support!
General Meeting Minutes
October General Meeting
General Meeting Minutes
January General Meeting
February General Meeting
Other Items of Interest
Year Expenses - a guideline for those expenses
in your child's senior year of school.
Student Directory Advertising Agreement for 2013 -
2014 - Contact Pryia Vennapusa
248-790-3596 if you would like to help with directory production,
directory sales, or advertising sales. All ads must be
received by Friday, August 3, 2013 and must be CAMERA READY!